Concept of ChL
International Working Group
Frequently Asked Questions
News and Updates
October 2012 – Coca Cola signed a 3-years contract with Ecolab on ChL (for the lubrication of conveyor for packaging, washing of bottles and cleaning of external surfaces)
End of 2012 – five years contract on metal cleaning was signed between FKL and Safechem.
In Sri Lanka:
New agricultural project (for paddy cultivation) started
Leaflet on ChL in the agricultural sector
Annual Report 2012 is now online
- Ceremony for Global Chemical Leasing Award
took place on the 19th June 2012 in Frankfurt, Germany (Agenda). For information on the results see section Global Chemical Leasing Award
- Meeting of the International Working Group took place on 19-20th June 2012 in Frankfurt, Germany. Further details will be available soon.
- Annual Report 2011 available now: Global Promotion and Implementation of Chemical Leasing Business Models in Industry, Progress Report 2011
- Publication 2011 available now: Chemical leasing: A global sucess story , Innovative business approaches for sound and efficient chemicals management
- Article "UN promotes chemical leasing as means of cleaner production" published by the magazine Chemical Watch, February 2012
- Article on Chemical Leasing published by the German radio station "Deutsche Welle",
18th January 2012
- Article and
Interview on Chemical Leasing published by the weekly German newspaper VDI Nachrichten,
9th December 2011 (German language)
- Documentation of the Conference on Sustainable Chemistry 2011 on 6th to 7th October 2011 in Berlin is now available. For further information see section International
- ChL Toolkit developed
- In depth study on “Potential of Chemical Leasing in Selected Cleaning Operations” is on-going
- 23 October 2012, Moscow, Russian Federation: Chemical Leasing presented at the conference on Green Chemistry;
- 19 November 2012, Vienna, Austria: presentation on Chemical Leasing at the Global South-South Development Expo (UNIDO event);
- 22 November 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Brazil-German Symposium for Sustainable Construction.
- ChL in automotive industry
- Chemical Leasing Side Event, 20th October 2011, Cartagena, Colombia took place. For further information see section International
- Pilot project for Chemical Leasing in Sri Lanka - Memorandum of Understanding signed
- Two more companies have signed the Letter of Intent in Serbia
Statement of the Serbian Government
Previous News and Updates
Report of German Federal Environment Agency on Chemical Leasing in Germany is now available in English
Fourth Nevsky International Ecological Congress
16-17 May 2011, St. Petersburg, Russia
Applying Sustainability Criteria for the Chemical Leasing Business Cases at the Global Level
Final Report, February 2011
Annual report 2010 is now available
- Chemical leasing activities have been launched in Brazil. First successful pilot studies are available e.g. in the hotel sector for cleaning, washing and disinfection chemicals.
- Chemical leasing activities have been launched in Croatia. First pilot projects will target metal cleaning with solvents.
- Sustainability criteria are available and can be used for quality assurance.
Last Update: May 2013